Registration for the 2020/21 season is OPEN!
- Practice sessions are tentatively scheduled to begin in mid-September at Sutherland High School and Kirkstone Turf . You will be contacted by email with details (or follow us on: www.facebook.com/NSMLA). (Team assignments to the different fields TBD)
- A player is not registered until a completed registration form is received and your cheque has been delivered. If paying by cheque, please make it payable to North Shore Minor Lacrosse Association and bring it to the first practice (Date and time TBD).
- All players must be paid in ***FULL*** prior to stepping on the field.
- New players will need to scan and attach additional paperwork (see below) to an e-mail addressed to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As in previous years, teams will be formed as players register. If there are not enough players for teams, players will be released to other associations. If multiple teams are formed in a division the final team composition will be determined through tryouts.
- In addition to registration fees collected by the association, there will be team fees to pay for development, tournaments (if available) and other team events to be collected by the team manager.
- For those belonging to the Squamish Nation, you will need to make payment directly to the North Shore Minor Lacrosse Association (either Paypal or cheque). This is different then how registration used to work in previous years. Squamish Nation no longer directly covers the costs for registration. Squamish Nation will allocate funds to their nation members through a grant process and members can use these funds to offset their registration fees. You should consult the Squamish Nation directly to see if you are eligible for Sports and Athletic Grants or for more information.
- We believe that no kid should be left on the sidelines and all should be given the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. KidSport™ provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport. For more information [click here]. For those using KidSport or other funding assistance please choose the cheque payment method and send an email to email@example.com.
- We need volunteers! Please complete our survey if you would like to help out. Successful operation of our association requires parent volunteers. Your child’s team and the association need help to perform and manage many duties.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020/2021 Field Lacrosse Fee Schedule
|Division||Birth Year||Age||Early Bird Fee||Regular Fee|
|U7||2013-2014||6 - 7||$190.00||$240.00|
|U9||2011-2012||8 - 9||$220.00||$270.00|
|U11||2009-2010||10 - 11||$240.00||$290.00|
|U13||2007-2008||12 - 13||$260.00||$310.00|
|U15||2005-2006||14 - 15||$280.00||$330.00|
|U18||2002-2004||16 - 18||$335.00||$385.00|
*Early bird fees in effect until September 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Documents Needed to be Sent in to Register (New Players)
- photocopy of player’s birth certificate (NSMLA needs to keep this on file).
- photocopy of player’s proof of residency (hydro, gas or other utility bill)
All refund requests must be submitted to the email@example.com stating the reason for the refund. As the NSMLA have a few fees we incur, regardless of whether you attend 1 session or 10, all refunds will be subject to a $60 administrative/processing fee. The administrative/processing fee covers player insurance, league and member fees as well as fees administered by NV Recreation for use of fields. No refunds will be available on memberships cancelled after October 9, 2020. Please allow a 30 day processing time.
If we have to cancel our activities/season due to COVID-19 issues or other unforeseen reasons , refunds or credits will be based on circumstances in place when the refund is required, including an assessment and netting of expenses incurred for the activities conducted to date. The NSMLA Executive retains the right to determine refund/credit levels in its discretion.
Click here to sign up to our email list to receive info about box registration and other important stuff.